You can practically SEE the yummy textures going on! Juicy apple, chewy date, and a warm cinnamon/vanilla combo going on! Yum.
Note: So you can basically do any combination of dried fruit instead of the dates. They do give a certain sweetness that makes them extra yummy so I recommend you have at least half dates. But the other half, is up to you! You can use raisins, dried figs, and prunes (they give a little pop of tartness that makes them 3x better...just saying!).
ALSO, depending on the size of your apple, you may need more coconut flour than what is stated. You want the dough to be moist but it should also roll into a neat ball without leaving your hands with most of its contents!
- 1 Apple (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup (plus 2 Tablespoons) of Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 3/4 cup of Dates
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Coconut flour
- Put the apple in the food processor and process until it is somewhere between chunky and a sauce. If you prefer a completely smooth ball, continue processing but if you want it chunky, stop now.
- Add ALL of the other ingredients (except the two Tablespoons of extra coconut) and pulse until it is to you desired texture (I prefer mine chunky)
- Put the 2 Tablespoons of extra dried coconut into a small dish. Roll small balls of dough and roll into the coconut to coat.
- Serve immediately, or stick them in the fridge for a few minutes for an extra amazing experience!