January 20, 2017

AIP Cookie Dough Coconut Butter

As Christmas time approached, I struggled to think of something that my mom would ACTUALLY  like. I then had the epiphany that coconut butter was one thing that she enjoyed! Like, REALLY enjoys! So, that week we went shopping and I got 3 fresh coconuts. Which, wasn't out of the ordinary, I make my own coconut milk and I also dehydrate coconut for a snack. However, I was a tad concerned that when 3 coconuts simply *disappear* that she would notice! Thankfully, she didn't give it a second thought! One afternoon I was left behind from our weekly shopping trip to do school but instead, I whipped up some coconut butter. I added a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. Pretty soon, I tasted the concoction and my eyes bulged out. "WOAH" I said to myself, "This tastes JUST like cookie dough!" This would be PERFECT!



Needless to say, Mom LOVED it! It was gone in no time and I knew it was a success! The only problem was, I didn't write down the ingredients! Whoops! Ever since then, I have been wanting to make another batch but this time, record what goes in it and the amounts! So today I present: The Most AWESOME Cookie Dough Coconut Butter! AND IT IS EVEN AIP!! Bonus!


One thing to keep in mind is that I dehydrated chunks of coconut and used those. I didn't use the shredded kind SO, if it seems a little off, maybe try increasing the amount of the vanilla and honey!

AIP Cookie Dough Coconut Butter

  • 2 cups of dehydrated Coconut Chunks (or 2 1/2 cups of Coconut Shreds)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 2 Tablespoons of Honey
  1. In a high speed blender, blend the coconut. This might take a few minutes, take care to scrape down the sides so that all of it is incorporated. Blend until it is liquid! 
  2. Add the cinnamon, honey, and vanilla. NOTE; as soon as you mix in the honey, it turns into more of a solid crumble.
  3. Blend until it is completely mixed!
  4. And you are done! You can put this on your morning apple, on some dates, or even in these AMAZING AIP peanut butter cups (click here for recipe)
This recipe makes 1 1/2 cups of coconut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment