July 18, 2016

My Take on the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP)

This whole AIP thing, yeah. Its an adventure. Eating so strict with nothing but fruit, veggies, and meat to eat is difficult. I am pretty sure I have never done something this hard for so long. But you know what? It is totally worth it! And you know what? I am enjoying the struggles. I am enjoying having to pick myself up when I am in a low and I am enjoying the times when I am completely healthy and satisfied. The AIP changed me! I don't have to rely on prepackaged food and I don't have to pretend that I don't see all of those mysterious ingredients on the back. I am stronger now.
I can be creative in the kitchen. I can handle having to make my own snack. I am learning to make better choices. It was supposed to be a 30-day thing. No more. No less. But then I started to feel better. My legs actually cleared up for once. I was itching less and less. Scabs healed and scars faded. I felt so much better. So much more confident about myself. I realized what healthy felt like. Do you know what healthy feels like? Sometime you should try it. It is nice. Of course it's a roller coaster ride though too. I mean, sometimes you just want something salty. Sometimes it is something sweet. Sometimes you just want to cry because there is nothing to eat right this minute. You have to make it. But you know what? I will be so much stronger after this. After this, I will be able to pick myself up and say "If you want it, make it.". Other times, you don't feel good and you want to scream because you are doing everything right. But then you take a step back and realize "Oh yeah, I guess I did accidentally have some sugar that day" or maybe "You know what, I think that I might need to get more sun". And then there are breakthroughs like "Oh my goodness!! I just realized that whenever I eat pistachios, I have a good day and I feel great!". This is one of the hardest things ever, but also one of the most rewarding and strengthening too.

No comments:

Post a Comment