Hello! My name is Kaley and I am a teen living in Mexico (originally from Wisconsin) as part of a missionary family-and I am loving life! I have many hobbies some of which are baking, knitting, jewelry making, crocheting, drawing, sewing, and blogging! I hope to someday go skydiving and to have my own chickens (because why not?!)! I have an amazing dog that I love like crazy and a cat that is a never-ending source of entertainment!
I have Celiac disease and I have had it since kindergarten. I don't mind eating a gluten free diet, especially now that I have found a love for creating and eating healthy recipes! I also have severe eczema (the driving reason behind changing my diet). Once my eczema hit a certain point, there was no denying that something had to change. I started following the AIP or Autoimmune Protocol. It was supposed to be a 30 day challenge and nothing more but then it started changing my life and now it has evolved into a quest for TRUE healthiness. I am enjoying the highs and the lows and am doing my best to keep my body as healthy as it possibly can be.
The AIP in a nutshell:
What I DO eat:
- ALL types of fruit
- most vegetables (minus nightshades which are things like tomato, potato, eggplant, peppers...)
- meat (without spices)
- root vegetables (not white potato but SWEET potato, yucca, radish, carrot, taro, and daikon)
- oils made from these sources
- Nightshades; tomato, potato, eggplant, pepper, goji berries…
- Grains (wheat, corn, oats, rice, quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat…)
- Oils made from corn, soy, seeds or nuts
- Seed-based spices
- Artificial Coloring
- Artificial Sweeteners