June 21, 2017

Summertime Pink Lemonade

Nothing screams summer vacation like homemade strawberry lemonade! With its pretty pink hue, and tart freshness, it is the PERFECT refreshment for any summer day! I mean look at it! Gorgeous! To get the deep color and delicious strawberry flavor, I simmer it over the stove and then chill it! The result is a truly fabulous pink lemonade!





This past school year was such an intense year! I had the hardest classes I have ever taken and it was a very long and crazy school year! But, I wouldn't change a thing as it both made me a stronger/smarter person, as well as makes me cherish the summer that much more :) And now that I am free of my educational duties for a spell, I am loving the lazy afternoons and bright sunny days that I get to enjoy without the guilt of having school to do! It is just fantastic! So, without further ado, I present a delicious drink for those summer afternoons!



Summertime Pink Lemonade

  • 6 cups of water
  • ½ cup of Lemon Juice (2-3 lemons)
  • ¼ cup Maple Syrup (if you prefer it sweeter versus tart, you may choose to add a bit more)
  • 6 Frozen Strawberries

  1. Juice your lemons and add all ingredients to a large saucepan.
  2. Start your pan on high heat and set a timer for 15 minutes.
  3. Stir every couple minutes and smash the berries against the side of the pan to help release flavor.
  4. After 15 minutes, turn off heat and strain into a pitcher. Chill for 2 hours
  5. Add ice and lemon wedges, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment