December 25, 2016

Paleo Granola Bars

I had a MAJOR craving for something I couldn't put my finger on! I didn't know what I wanted but I knew I needed whatever it was! It was a very odd feeling so I decided to see where it took me! And THANK GOODNESS that I did! What I have created here is probably my ALL TIME FAVORITE recipe!! And that is saying quite a bit! It totally satisfied my craving and was so delicious that I may have polished it ALL off in no time at all! It reminded me of a mix between my mom's fabulous granola bars (with marshmallows, peanut butter, and sunflower seeds) and puppy chow! The coconut gave it a soft crunch and the almond butter coating made me want to cry of happiness!





This recipe makes 4 good sized bars! I will admit, they DID fall apart a bit but they taste equally delicious in granola form! And, a huge plus is that they keep your fingers relatively clean!! 


The crisp coconut, the plump raisins, and the nuttiness from the almond butter made this my FAVORITE recipe so far!



(The most amazing) Paleo Granola Bars:


  • 1 1/2 cups of Coconut Flakes
  • 1/4 cup of Raisins
  • 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
  • 1 Tablespoon of Honey
  • 4 Tablespoons of Almond Butter


  1. Measure out the coconut and place it in a small sauté pan. Toast on medium-low for 2-3 minutes or until golden (their amazing smell will also alert their done-ness!)
  2. While the coconut is toasting, measure the raisins, slivered almonds, and almond butter into a medium size mixing bowl.
  3. Let the coconut cool for just a couple of minutes and then add the warm flakes into the bowl. 
  4. Drizzle the honey on top of the mixture, stir until everything is evenly mixed, and sneak a flake or two. Then, be amazed at just how tasty it is!
  5. Press the mixture into a glass container and let sit in the fridge for 20 minutes (more is better but I understand if you can't wait any longer!)
  6. Cut with a sharp knife and serve. Just be aware, they may fall apart a bit (But SO worth it)!
  7. Eat with pleasure!










No comments:

Post a Comment