November 7, 2016

My Take on Committing to the AIP

For me, deciding that I would commit to this diet for as long as it takes, was the hardest step of the process. I could give up my favorite foods for a set amount of time but could I for an indefinite amount of time? I wouldn’t know when the next time I would have pizza would be. I couldn't have candy after dinner or ANY condiments that have sugar (which is all of them!). There was one night when it dawned on me that I had to decide.
I didn’t want to but I knew that it would change my life for the better. I decided to let go of all my baggage and take the diet by the horns. It was extremely difficult to face the fact that when we would visit the states, I would not be able to eat any of the yummy goodies that my sister was getting. But instead of sulking I scoured Pinterest for recipes that I could eat! It was almost like a challenge! I have had some moments where I just want a piece of toast with peanut butter, banana, and honey on it to the point where I actually shed a few tears but I try to pick myself up and find some coconut butter (which is just as delicious) and slather it on a banana instead. The trick is to keep your mind on what you CAN have and make goodies when you are feeling low. I have learned to love the kitchen because of all the fun things you get to create! There are endless possibilities! As time passes the AIP gets so much easier-I am NOT saying it gets EASY-I am saying it gets easIER. As you learn different trick and tips, you find your groove and settle in.

No comments:

Post a Comment